For many business owners, taking advantage of the holidays doesn’t mean going to the shops to find the biggest sales and discounts — it’s actually quite the opposite. Christmas presents the best opportunity to express heartfelt wishes and gratitude towards their customers. The tradition of saying “Merry Christmas” dates back to 1534. And just because it’s a very traditional expression, doesn’t mean it can’t be adapted to more modern time.Sending your appreciation to your customers via Merry Christmas text messages will not only drive more sales for you, but it will also increase your customer loyalty and engagement.
Did you know that text messages have a 98% chance of being opened by the person you’re sending it to? Sending text messages is one of the most effective marketing tools of modern times. And as such, your target is more likely to open a text compared to an email, so making SMS campaigns will be a good move to helping your business make more income. Also, sending out holiday messages help the brand to stand out from the crowd and help to create an intimate customer experience.
Here, we explore different Merry Christmas text messages examples that have been divided per category so you can also share with your customers for the upcoming holiday season.
Merry Christmas Text Messages for Professional Use
First of all, warm greetings shouldn’t be restricted to your customers. These work just as well with your B2B partners, clients, and suppliers. Sending them some of these Merry Christmas text messages examples are sure to help strengthen your brand’s relationship with theirs.
- Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year to you and yours! Thanks to you, we grow every year at [your business name].
- Our team at [your business name] wishes you a Merry Christmas and we look forward to growing with you in the new year.
- Your business means so much to us at [your business name]. May your Christmas season be full of joy and peace!
- Thank you for your continued support. We wish you a Merry Christmas and look forward to working together in the new year.
- Our team at [your business name] enjoy working with you and wish you the best during the holidays.
- Sending you wishes for a happy, healthy, and prosperous holiday season! Merry Christmas from your friends at [your business name].
- May your Christmas be filled with the warmth and love of friends and family. All the best to you and have a wonderful Christmas!
Warm Christmas Messages for Customers
- From our family to yours, we wish you a Merry Christmas.
- May your home be full of laughter and joy this holiday season and beyond. Merry Christmas!
- Season’s greetings! Sending love and joy from our family at [your business name] to yours.
- May your days be bright and merry! We wish you nothing but happiness from this season across to the New Year ahead.
- May the love and warmth of family and friends surround you this holiday season. Merry Christmas from our team at [your business name].
- Take some time out of your busy schedule to enjoy the little things in life. Merry Christmas from our team at [your business name].
- May your family be blessed with love and peace during this wonderful season.
- We are so thankful for your support! Our team at [your business name] wishes you a Merry Christmas and that you create wonderful memories during this season.
- This holiday season, we wish that your home is filled with love, hope, and peace. Merry Christmas!
- Our team at [your business name] wishes you a very Merry Christmas and a joyous New Year.
- The holidays are a time to be thankful for all the blessings we enjoy in our lives. May you have a Merry Christmas.
- May you receive the gifts of happiness, love, and peace these holidays. Merry Christmas from our family to yours.
- May your home be showered with moments of laughter and love, and may your year ahead be full of blessings! Merry Christmas!
- ‘Tis the season to be jolly! May you and your family be blessed this Christmas and the year ahead.
- May your heart be light, and may your days be full of joy. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from our team at [your business name].
- The holidays are about spending time with friends and family, so we’ll wish that you create happy memories to last a lifetime. Merry Christmas!
Funny Christmas Messages for Customers
Many marketers turn to using humor in their marketing campaigns, but why? Brands that can make us smile automatically become a crowd favorite. It not only appeals to customers and engages them on a personal level, but it also grabs their attention and shows that you have a human behind the screen, rather than having an automated robot.
Beware, however, of using sarcasm in your Merry Christmas text messages. Sarcasm of any form often translates badly and may come off as offensive or insensitive rather than funny. It’s best to stick with jokes that can be understood easily which can appeal to the masses. Jokes that involve race, gender, political affiliation, or religion are all a big no-no in all kinds of corporate communication.
- May your lights be tangle-free and may your home be mess-free this year. Merry Christmas!
- It’s all fun and games until you see your name on the Naughty list. Happy Holidays!
- It’s beginning to cost like Christmas! Text HOLIDAYS25 to 12345 and get a 25% discount on your next purchase.
- “I don’t want a discount,” said no one ever! Start shopping for Christmas at [your website] and get 20% OFF until Christmas Eve.
- This year you weren’t nice — you were fabulous! Text FAB20 to 12345 and get 20% OFF your next order from us.
- At one point or another, we will all need stretchy pants this Christmas! So visit [your website] and take $30 OFF all gym wear until Sunday!
- Santa caught you sleeping last year — in your old set of pajamas! Get new PJs for the whole family just in time for opening the presents at [your website].
Tips Before Writing Merry Christmas Text Messages for Your Customers
- Remember to only send text messages to customers who have permitted you to use their number for communication with your business.
- Follow K-I-S-S (keep it short and simple) and try not to go over the 160 SMS word limit. If needed, use an SMS platform to send out text blasts with messages of up to 300 characters.
- Opt for MMS to attach holiday-themed images with your message.
- Keep in mind that the holidays are great for giving to charity. You can boost your seasonal donations using an appropriate text-to-donate campaign.
- You can segment your contact list to make specific and targeted marketing campaigns.
- Create a bigger impact in personalizing your messages by including the recipient’s name — it makes them feel special.